What is Dynamics 365?
Dynamics 365 brings together Microsoft’s CRM and ERP cloud offerings into one cohesive service with specific, purpose-built apps for business functions like Finance, Sales, Customer Service, and Supply Chain Operations — with built-in insights, intelligence, and workflows.
The apps are designed so they can be easily and independently deployed, which means you can start with the business area you need and scale as the business demands. All Dynamics 365 apps, plus the larger portfolio of cloud solutions like Office 365, will ultimately share a common data model so it will be a straight forward to adopt additional capabilities.
How does Dynamics 365 benefit customers?
Dynamics 365 provides customers a modern and familiar experience with built in insights, intelligence and workflow. They also use a common data model and consistent application platform to ensure consistency, interoperability and extensibility. Dynamics 365 enables businesses to –
- Start with what they need by offering apps that fit roles, industries, businesses – so our customers can start with what they need and grow at their pace to run their entire business in the cloud.
- Enable greater productivity where they need it by connecting structured workflow of business applications and processes with the unstructured work of collaboration and productivity so employees are empowered with productivity tools surfaced in the context of their business processes.
- Get built-in intelligence with business applications that infuses big data, advanced analytics and IoT into processes out-of-the-box to proactively guide employees and customers to optimal outcomes.
- Be ready for growth through nimble, adaptable applications, that allow them to compose, modify and extend processes in real-time. Business users are empowered to change and adapt without IT. And organisations can reimagine their business model with a consistent, flexible, extensible platform.
- Experience a closer integration of all business systems with a Common Data Model
What’s in the name “Dynamics 365”?
Dynamics 365 the Microsoft next generation of business apps in the cloud. These apps bring together the full power of Microsoft across productivity, advanced analytics, Power BI and IoT, with the strength of Azure and a new application platform and common data model. The new name reflects the significance of the offering and the coming together of the two worlds. Just as we saw with the Microsoft Office suite with Office 365, the same is now happening with line-of-business software.